Greetings! On this page we will be trying our best to continually update our community. Below will be information, resources, and updates. Thank you to everyone who has reached out, helped, or offered us assistance. Kind messages shared have also been greatly appreciated. Magnolia Strong!
We appreciate our community understanding this difficult process. We also appreciate the feedback and guiding questions. We will continue to work together to adapt pieces of our plan to fit our communities needs. Please understand that is a live document and will change often as guidance is given daily from the department of Ed, the health department, and the CDC.
Covid Positive Case Count 2021-2022: 6
*Please keep in mind this count is not indicative of cases spread in school, but just of our student and teacher population as a whole.
(School youtube channel)
Magnolia Hybrid Reopening Plan 2020-2021
- The school is going to have items available in a limited fashion for certain classes. Pick up times and procedures are still being worked out.
Lunches: Lunch order forms will be on the website. Students can order for a few days or for the week using the form. They can then pick up outside the cafeteria door. See website
Building and grounds:
- Please maintain a safe distance while on school grounds. Prek-5 will enter at the back gate on Lincoln and dismiss in the same spot. 6-8th grade will enter the main driveway off Camden and enter the side door (17). At both locations students will be temperature screened.
Log in and technology:
- A few people have reported difficulty logging into google, zearn, and other applications. It is highly recommended you write down all your log-ins and passwords somewhere safe. We have also used single sign on software called CLEVER. Also, if you change any passwords please let the child’s teacher know so they can record it. Any help with online will go through the teacher first and then they will initiate help at the next level.
- We use GoGuardian as a district. This means the computer device can be monitored remotely. Everyhting from history, downloads, operation etc is accessible. Any misuses of a school device, or use of a device for anything other than school can result in shutting down the device, disciplinary action, and revoking of computer use.
- Websites and applications
- when in doubt, use the schools "links" tab on its website to connect. You must use certain links for applications such as Edmentum that are tied to Magnolia only. A google search will not log you into our schools account system.
- For families in need of internet
- No Child Left Offline (Free Internet For Eligible Families)
- Comcast is currently offering free wifi if you have an Xfinity hotspot near you. You'd just need to connect to "xfinitywifi" in the list of networks and accept the terms and confitions. The form should pop-up either automatically or when you open an internet browser. Please note, Xfinity home networks are not open to the public and are different from the hotspots mentioned here.
- For low income families, Comcast is offering 60 days of complimentary Internet Essentials service (an internet service by Comcast) when you sign up as a new customer. This would normally be $9.95/month.
- Spectrum is offering two free months of internet if your family has a student who has been affected by school closings. If Spectrum is offered in your area, this is another choice you have.
- If you are still experiencing issues, please contact Mr. Sorrentino and the school will see how it can effectively help.
- Students will have access to the email provided by the school. It should be relayed that these emails are retained by the district and can be seen or read at anytime. Any misuse or inappropriate language or reports can and will be investigated and face disciplinary action. The email address is typically first initial and last name @magnoliaschools.org. Example: Paul Sorrentino is firstname.lastname@example.org
- We have chromebooks available for borrowing. You will need to sign a waiver and schedule a time for pickup if you can not make it to one of our distribution nights. Email email@example.com with questions or needs.
Suggested Routine (if able)
Nurse announcement:Hi Magnolia Families!We are all well aware of what an uneasy time this may be for everyone in our community. I am constantly researching and staying up to date on all of the latest findings with COVID-19. I wanted to let you know that I will be available to families/students each day should any medical questions/concerns arise, whether virus related or not. I miss the students so much so please also reach out just to say “hello,” as I would love to hear how they are doing! I will be available Monday-Friday 8:30am-12:30pm. I can be contacted via email- smarlys@magnoliaschools.
org or via phone at 856-375-8839. Stay safe and healthy during this time and please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.CDC is now recommending wearing cloth face coverings in public settings to prevent the spread of the virus. Here is an article from their website with helpful hints on how to make your own face mask and how to care for them. Click HERE for link
Cute idea to do with your kids for keepsakes. COVID-19 Time Capsule:**COVID-19 APP**Apple Inc. – in partnership with the White House Coronavirus Task Force and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) – released an app and website that guides Americans through a series of questions about their health and exposure to determine if they should seek care for COVID-19 symptoms. The tool provides CDC recommendations on next steps including guidance on social distancing and self-isolating, how to closely monitor symptoms, recommendations on testing, and when to contact a medical provider. The app is available for free and downloaded from the Apple App store. It can also be access at www.apple.com/covid19.
We realize how new/scary/stressful this new adventure may be. Here is a great YouTube channel for all types of fun kids yoga that may help your children unwind.Speech and Language:The Speech-Language Services Google classroom is open to ALL parents in the school district. I will be posting videos of me reading stories and will have resources for fostering Speech and Language skills that will be beneficial to all students.
Here is the code for my classroom : 7cg5hymSocial work/Guidance:Hello Magnolia Families!
We all know that the next few weeks are going to be a transition for many reasons. We, as educators, are trying our best to prepare our students and families with materials for remote learning. We, as parents are trying our best to make this transition to remote learning and social distancing, as normal as possible. As a social worker, I am mindful of how this change in routine, can pose some challenges for both kids and parents.
Please feel free to join my Google Classroom for activities, resources or just to ask some questions or check in. Here is my class code: nlhcljhVideo interaction:Feel free to use applications like ZOOM to get face to face time. This is healthy. Zoom offers a closed circuit video system that only people invited will see. It allows for control that other platforms do not. **Many students will use social media, however the district advises parents to check this frequently and be aware of the dangers that come with these platforms. Many discpline related issues do involve applications such as snap, tiktok, etc. These programs are open to the public and content is not filtered.