Student of the Trimester
Each trimester this year, we are going to look for different character traits, especially as it pertains to leadership, which is especially strong in our students.
We hope this will help foster some of the behaviors we would like to see. Reinforcing the 7 Habits of highly effective students, recognizing these traits in the classroom, or even accruing points to somehow receive the award are all ideas for consideration. We will actively catch students performing these habits, we ask community members to recognize them as well.
Our 7 Habits are:
- Being Proactive (Do not wait until the last minute, or be reactive)
- Begin With the End in Mind (have an end goal, a plan)
- Put First Things First ( prioritize the most important first)
- Think Win-Win (how can both sides benefit from a solution)
- Seek First to Understand, Then Be Understood (be a good listener and empathisize, then explain your position and side as well. Fidn the compromise)
- Synergize (be a team player, use all of these tools for success)
- Sharpern the Saw (reflect and think about how you can improve on any of these and work at it)
I look forward to recognizing all the positive attributes our children display at Magnolia Public School.